Mental Health Block Grant 2022-2023 Application Review
DBHDD would like to offer interested persons the opportunity to review its Federal Fiscal Year 2022 - 2023 application for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Mental Health Block Grant Program (MHBG). MHBG funds are provided by the Federal government to all states that submit an application successfully meeting the requirements as specified by SAMHSA. It Is a non-competitive application process that occurs on a bi-annual basis. The entire 2022 -2023 MHBG application is a web-based process and as such can be viewed at https://bgas.samhsa.gov. To review the 2022-2023 application, please take the following steps:
- Go to https://bgas.samhsa.gov
- Enter the username and password (these are case sensitive):
- Username - citizenga
- Password - citizen
- Select "View Existing Applications" from the top tabs
- Select "2023 MHBG Only Application/Behavioral Health Assessment and Plan "
- Select "View Application"
The 2023 application sections are clearly marked and include:
- State Information - contains state information and assurances
- Planning Steps- describes state system, unmet needs, and plans to address needs
- Planning Tables - priority areas and annual performance indicators; state agency planned expenditures; categories for expenditures for system development /non-direct service activities
- Environmental Factors and Plan - Narratives on topics of Interest to SAMHSA and Information on State Behavioral Health Planning and Advisory Council
All are welcome to review the entire application or parts of the application as desired and provide comments to DBHDD. Comments provided by October 15, 2022, will be forwarded to SAMHSA. Public comments can be emailed to Jill Mays at [email protected] Please use the subject line “Block Grant Public Comments”.
Thank you for your interest.