Valdosta leaders honored for support of individuals with disabilities
Valdosta - On February 11, Easter Seals Southern Georgia, a key partner of the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), presented awards to city officials and community leaders for their dedication to serving individuals with disabilities. Among those recognized were:
- City of Valdosta Mayor John Gayle and Mayor Pro Tem Alvin Payton
- Valdosta City Manager Larry Hanson
- City of Valdosta Planning and Zoning Director Matt Martin
- Azalea Women’s Club
- Astro Exterminating, accepted by Brett Jones
- Scruggs Concrete, accepted by June Lawson
- Easter Seals is also planning a celebration for the 10th anniversary of Megan's House in Albany on Feb. 25. For details on that event, contact executive director Beth English, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easter Seals contracts with DBHDD to provide community-based services in 54 south Georgia counties.