DD Advisory Council
The role of the IDD Advisory Council is to advise DBHDD on matters relating to the care, services, and supports offered to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities served by the DBHDD.
The IDD Advisory Council is comprised of individuals receiving intellectual/developmental disability services, family members and legal representative of persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities, or self-advocates; individuals representing advocacy organizations focused on intellectual/developmental disabilities, and individuals representing Georgia’s public or private providers of intellectual/developmental disability services. Every effort is made to ensure representation from all regions of the state.
The council advises DBHDD regarding:
- assuring that the Department follows best practices in their services to people with intellectual/ developmental disabilities.
- assuring that the Department’s programs for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities provide quality services in a cost-effective manner.
- recommending improvements to the Division for existing programs serving people with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- recommending the development and implementation of additional programs for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in Georgia.
- reviewing the Department’s policy and making recommendations regarding the adherence to the Department’s mission, the cost of proposed policies and amendments, and the potential implications of implementation of the policies/revisions.
- facilitating communication among Department and Division staff, providers of services, service recipients, parents/guardians/advocates of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities, and other public and private entities involved in delivering services to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
2021 - 2022 Meetings
Meetings are held from 10:00 am until 12:30 pm on the fourth Monday of the first month of each quarter.
The quarterly meeting schedule is as follows:
Quarter 4 – Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Quarter 1 – Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Quarter 2 – Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Quarter 3 – Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Quarter 4 – Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Past Meetings Archive
Interested in serving on the DDAC? Complete your DD Advisory Council Candidate Application.
Read more about the Council and its members:
DD Advisory Council Members