The DBHDD system of services is administered through six Field Offices. These offices administer the hospital and community resources assigned to the region. The regional field offices:
- Oversee statewide initiatives.
- Develop new services and expand existing services as needed.
- Monitor the services being received by consumers to ensure quality and access.
- Investigate and resolve complaints.
- Conduct special investigations and reviews when warranted.
To access mental health, substance abuse and crisis and emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-715-4225.
To locate a provider, visit ReferralConnect.
To locate treatment or support services for individuals with mental illness, substance abuse disorders or developmental disabilities, visit www.mygcal.com.
Use this map or the list of counties below to determine your regional field office.