DBHDD would like to offer interested persons the opportunity to review its DRAFT Federal Fiscal Year 2017 application for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Mental Health Block Grant Program (MHBG). MHBG funds are provided by the federal government to all states that submit an application successfully meeting the requirements as specified by SAMHSA. It is a non-competitive application process that occurs on a bi-annual basis with updates referred to as “mini-application”. The entire 2016-2017 MHBG application is now a web-based process and as such can be viewed at https://bgas.samhsa.gov. To review the current 2017 mini-application, please take the following steps:
- Go to https://bgas.samhsa.gov.
- Enter the username and password (these are case sensitive):
- Username- citizenga
- Password- citizen
- Select “View Existing Application”
- Select” 2016-2017 MHBG Behavioral Health Assessment and Plan”
- Select “View Application”
The 2017 application sections are clearly marked as 2017 and include:
- Section I: State Information – State Information and Assurances
- Section III: Planning Tables #2 and #6b - State Agency Expenditures and Use of MHBG Dollars
- Section IV: Environmental Factors and Plan – Information on State Behavioral Health Planning and Advisory Council
All are welcome to review the entire application or parts of the application as desired and provide comments to DBHDD. Comments provided by 9/1/16 will be included with the mini-application submission. Comments after 9/1/16 will be forwarded to SAMHSA per SAMHSA guidelines as an addendum to the application. Public comments can be emailed to Myrtis Smith at Myrtis.Smith@dbhdd.ga.gov.