Substance Abuse Block Grant 2020-2021 Application Review
DBHDD would like to offer interested persons the opportunity to review its DRAFT Federal Fiscal Year 2020-2021 application for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant Program (SABG). SABG funds are being provided by the Federal government to all states that submit an application successfully meeting the requirements as specified by SAMHSA. It is a non-competitive application process that occurs on a bi-annual basis. The entire 2020-2021 SABG application is a web-based process and as such can be viewed at: https://bgas.samhsa.gov.
To review the current 2020-2021 application, please take the following steps:
- Go to https://bgas.samhsa.gov.
- Enter the username and password (these are case sensitive):
- Username – citizenga
- Password – citizen
- Select “View Existing Application”
- Select "2020-2021 SABG Behavioral Health Assessment and Plan"
- Select “View Application”
The 2020-2021 application sections are clearly marked as 2020-2021 and include:
- Section I: State Information - contains state information and assurances
- Section II: Planning Steps- describes state system, unmet needs and plans to address needs
- Section Ill: Planning Tables - priority areas and annual performance indicators; state agency planned expenditures; categories for expenditures for system development /non -direct service activities
- Section IV: Environmental Factors and Plan - Narratives on topics of Interest to SAMHSA and Information on State Behavioral Health Planning and Advisory Council
All are welcome to review the entire application or parts of the application as desired and provide comments to DBHDD. Comments provided by 9/30/20 will be included with the application submission. Comments after 9/30/20 and through October 31, 2020, will be forwarded to SAMHSA. Public comments can be emailed to Cassandra Price at [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Block Grant Public Comments”