GRHA is accredited by The Joint Commission and certified by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). GRHA’s places a strong emphasis on the culture of the people we serve. Please see below for GRHA’s values, mission and vision.
- Dedication - People with Mental Health, Development Disabilities, and Addictive Disease are the heart of everything we do, and this is embodied in the way we represent ourselves and the way we conduct our business.
- Integrity - We are honest, trustworthy and transparent in all we do.
- Excellence - We ensure an experienced workforce which is culturally competent and sensitive, uses evidence-based best practices and promotes innovation and increasing knowledge.
- Knowledge - We use the most current and accurate local and national data and methods available to guide our policies and actions to promote healthy living in Georgia.
- Accountability - We are stewards of the public trust and funds, holding ourselves and others to high standards measured by meaningful outcomes.
- Collaboration - We value contributions from our employees, stakeholders and the people we serve. We develop partnerships and positive relations thereby strengthening our capacity to achieve the Mission.
- Safety - Assuring an environment free from harm, injury or danger.
- Innovation - We support the generation and implementation of creative ideas or insights to make a difference, resulting in new or altered business processes within the organization, or changes in the services provided.
GRHA’s vision is that every person who participates in our services leads a satisfying, independent life with dignity and respect.
GRHA’s mission is to provide and promote local accessibility and choice of services and programs for individuals, families and communities through partnerships, in order to create a sustainable, self-sufficient and resilient life in the community.