The West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (WCGRH) Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization established in 1993 by individuals interested in enhancing the services and programs provided for the clients and staff of West Central Georgia Regional Hospital.
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors made up of private citizens from the hospital’s 28-county service area. Officers include a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer who are elected at an annual meeting. Members of the hospital staff are appointed as liaisons between the hospital and the Foundation.
The Foundation supports staff recognition functions, yearly holiday festivities for clients (Mayor’s Motorcade) and staff, volunteer recognition, Learning Symposiums and staff benefit fairs.
Additionally, Foundation fundraisers are held throughout the year by the hospital’s Employee Recognition Team. These include yard sales, golf tournaments and cookbook and other sales. The Team and their hard work along with the staff who support these functions is a vital part of the Foundation revenue.
The goals of the WCGRH Foundation are:
- To promote public awareness and interest in West Central Georgia Regional Hospital;
- To promote public awareness, interest and concern for the individuals who are experiencing mental illness or chemical dependency in the twenty-eight counties of the hospital's service area;
- To promote understanding of mental illness, mental retardation and the needs of those individuals;
- To promote sound community progress by fostering acceptance of the individuals returning to the community;
- To encourage volunteer support for West Central Georgia Regional Hospital from civic groups, agencies, organizations, churches and individuals; and
- To raise and administer funds to help meet special needs of the West Central Georgia Regional Hospital which are not provided for through other funding sources.