- Georgia Crisis & Access Line: 1-800-715-4225 and www.mygcal.com
- DBHDD Case Management Toolkit
- APS Healthcare Knowledgebase: http://apsero.com
- Georgia Peer Specialist Certification Project: www.gacps.org
- Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network: www.gmhcn.org
- Mental Health America of Georgia: www.mhageorgia.org
- Georgia Parent Support Network: www.gpsn.org
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill-Georgia: www.namiga.org
- Georgia Suicide Prevention, Intervention and Aftercare Community Information Network: http://www.gspin.org/
- Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health, Georgetown University Child Development Center: www.ffcmh.org
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration: www.samhsa.gov
- Georgia’s 2009 Mental Health Block Grant: www.bgas.samhsa.gov
Select CMHS Block Grant and click on the launch button.
Enter the username and password:
Password: Atlanta #913537
Transition and Reentry for Corrections Population
In 2009, the 150th Georgia General Assembly established the Behavioral Health Coordinating Council (O.C.G.A. 37-2-4) with the passing of HB 228, which reorganized and reestablished Georgia’s health and human services agencies. The council is chaired by the commissioner of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, Frank Berry.
In 2013, the Behavioral Health Coordinating Council convened a transition reentry workgroup, jointly chaired by Jay Neal, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Transition, Support and Reentry, and Terri Timberlake, director of DBHDD’s Office of Adult Mental Health. The workgroup brings in partners from multiple state agencies involved with the corrections population. Together, the workgroup explores interagency barriers to reentry, and develops strategies to better coordinate services between agencies, so that individuals with mental illness who are transitioning from the correctional system back into society may have easier access to the services and supports that help them build successful lives in their communities.
Transition Resources and Information:
Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency
Medicaid (Georgia Department of Community Health)
State Board of Pardons and Paroles
Child support resources (Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice)